Dominic Monaghan Talks About Show

Posted by Admin Sunday, July 26, 2009

After weeks of rumors, Lost's Dominic Monaghan has come out of the closet as a new cast member on ABC's fall series, FlashForward. He breaks his silence to TVGuideMagazine.com.

Your character is named Simon. Does he have a last name?
Can't tell you. But I can say he's the joker in the pack. A little hard to predict. He's a snappy dresser, capable and cocky. And he's a man, not a boy.

At Comic-Con, they showed a quick clip of you in a scene in a police station. Can you describe what we saw?
Simon's in cahoots with Jack Davenport's character [Lloyd Simcoe]. Joseph Fiennes' character [Mark Benford] is beating up Jack's character and saying,'Who do you work with? Who's your partner?' and Jack's saying 'I'm not going to tell you that.' And then I walk in and say, 'You know what? I'm not scared of you guys. It's me.' So he's a cocky son-of-a-bitch.

When will that scene air?
I'm not sure. But I think I start on the series around episode six or seven.

What appealed to you about FlashForward?
I read the pilot and didn't think there was anything in particular that I could do in the script. I liked it. But my agent said, [the producers] really want to meet you. They asked what I wanted to do and I said, 'I want to play someone who's the opposite of Charlie,' because that's what I did after I finished "Lord of the Rings." Charlie was the opposite of Merry. It's important for me to continue to show the audience I can't be put in a box.

How many episodes will you be in?
I'm a season regular so I'm in the show for however many episodes they make this season.

You recently had breakfast with Lost producer Damon Lindelof. Were you discussing your return to the show?
Damon and I are friends, and he has some projects he's going to be doing in the future. Lost has got only one year left. That was just a time when we hung out.

Well, would you want to go back if you were invited?
Sure. You can't close doors in this business. It's just not how you do it. I would never say I wouldn't do it.

Do you know the secret behind how Lost ends?
I know some stuff, sure. Coming to the end of the season, Damon's been a little bit freer with some information. But I don't know everything.

Talk more about the possibility of returning to Lost.
I think they closed the door well on my character, and I would only go back based on the door opening in a way that complements my character. There's a few things that they would need to do. Damon and I talk a lot about the romance and legacy that Charlie's left behind. If he were to come back, this would be the final chapter. We would need to jump through a few more hoops before we get there.

Source:TV Guide

blog comments powered by Disqus
Blog Widget by LinkWithin